Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The begining of trouble

I have been relieved of my duties as the Bvt Col. over the Department of Texas. In place of this task I have been assigned to go to Washington and meet with President Lincoln. It to my understanding that he wants me to join the Union's army and go to war against the south.

This battle that is currently going on at Fort Sumter will be the beginning of what I believe will be a Civil War. South Carolina led it's desire to succeed overwhelm it. Confederate soldiers asked the Union soldiers to surrender Fort Sumter and when they refused the Confederate soldiers fired on thing. This leads me to my current predicament with Lincoln wanting me to join his side. While the events may have been unfortunate I cannot help be sympathize with the south. While this decision will not be an easy one for me, it is an inevitable one, I am all for the Confederate.

War of the Rebellion Official Records of the Union and Confederate Armies Series 1. Volume 1. Secession, Ford Sumter. National Historic Society.

http://www.npg.si.edu/exh/brady/gallery/61gal.html

http://americancivilwar.com/statepic/sc/sc001.html

2 comments:

  1. Tis' truly a shame that you have chosen to side with those who seek to destroy the Union. I pray that your choice does not lead to your death. Your reputation precedes you, but Mr. Lee, I cannot condone your choice of the South over the survival of the Union. Do not misconstrue my words for I have the utmost respect for you but you have made the wrong choice in this matter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "If you were only capable of hearing the south's side instead of being so hasty in destruction, then perhaps we can accomplish something."

    Lee! I am hasty in destruction? If I am not mistaken, it was you darn Confederates who initiated the first attack on Fort Sumter. If anyone is hasty it is you rebels! You are going down!!

    ReplyDelete